Omaha In The Uprising with Mel
This week, we’re going to hear two specials in two separate episodes, basically exploding radio edition into it’s components.
In this one you’ve clicked on, you’ll hear Mel B from Omaha, Nebraska talk about the city, the protests there including the killing of James Scurlock on May 30th, the mass arrest of 120 people on July 25th and leftist and Black organizing there.
- Mel’s Twitter : https://twitter.com/coldbrewedtool
- Mel’s Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/melanie_buer
- Protean Magazine, where Mel is Associate Editor
- Co-host of Protean’s official podcast, Protean Pirate Radio
- IWW Freelance Journalists Union
- The Industrial Worker publishing platform
Some projects around Omaha worth mentioning:
- Omaha Tenants United: https://omahatenantsunited.org/
- Nebraska Left Coalition: https://www.neleftcoalition.com/
- ProBlac: https://problac.com/
- Culxr House: https://www.noiseomaha.com/culxr-house
- Union for Contemporary Art: https://www.u-ca.org/
If you want to hear the other half of this dis-enjoined pair, you can look for the episode called ‘RVA in the Uprising with L and Buzz,’ where you’ll hear those two talk about mutual aid and the Richmond Community Bail Fund, struggles to remove confederate monuments around that former capitol of the CSA and other topics.