Hey people! Here is bad news #4, presented by Radio Pirata of Tegucigalpa (so-called Chile) with the collaborations of:
* 98 fm presented a roundup of the last month of action and repression in labor, student struggles, anti-fascist anniversaries around Greece;
* 105fm spoke about immigration struggles, resisting fascist attacks, gender violence and other topics from Lesvos and other Aegean Islands;
* Radio Kurruf presented about resistance to and dangers of liquified natural gas from the U.S. imported to so-called Chile and the role LNG plays in the IIRSA (Initiative for the Integration of Infrastructure of South America);
* Rosas Negras speaks about violence against civil society and journalists in particular in El Salvador, violence coming from organized crime and the State;
* A-Radio Berlin shares a report about the recent raids against and shutting down of linksuntent indymedia in Germany by the German government with lots of context;
* Dissident Island Radio presents voices of resistance from the Campaign Against Arms Trade (CAAT) to the London DSEI arms fair;
* The Final Straw Radio spoke with an activist from the South of the U.S. about autonomous Hurricane relief.
This is the second installment of the International Anarchist Radio Network’s monthly show, featuring resistance news from around the world in the voices of the member-projects of the A-Radio Network.
It includes news from: 105fm : about resistance to a rape by a security guard at University of the Aegean of one of the students housed there
The Final Straw on the August 19th Prisoner solidarity activities against slavery in the U.S. & information on the suppression of 214 inauguration protesters arrested in D.C. on January 20th, 2017 & the week of solidarity with J20 arrestees from July 20-27th.
Rosas Negras : Social activism for the defense of Trans-gendered people in El Salvador.
Dissident Island: Segments from recent episodes, including their 10th anniversary episode, a conversation with Peter Gelderloos, housing activism in the U.K., homeless “aid” used to deputize social workers into outing the homeless and more
Kurruf Radio : On the deaths of Mapuche at the hands of local police and landlords in Walmapu
A-Radio Berlin: coverage of the resistance in Hamburg against the G20 Convention and the eviction of Friedel54
As a podcast special, we’re sharing the first episode of the International Anarchist Radio Network’s collaborative, monthly, English language radio show. We may feature future episodes as our bandwidth allows on The Final Straw Radio libsyn account. We hope you enjoy the content. If you have trouble with accents, give a second listen and it’ll be easier to get what folks are saying!
B(A)D NEWS – Angry voices from around the world“ is a monthly news program from the international network of anarchist and antiauthoritarian radios, consisting of short news segments from different parts of the world. As an international network of radio projects, we believe in the importance of international solidarity. And we also recognize the importance and the need to create and disseminate our own media and counterinformation.
We hope, with this effort, to reach out to other anarchist and antiauthoritarian projects, groups and individuals, and to strengthen our connections and our struggles in sharing our stories.
Although this program is in English, we recognize that even this ‚international‘ language can be alienating to some and we want to encourage others to create and share similar content in their own languages.
Below you can find an audio link which introduces the concept behind Bad News, as well as our first episode.
We want to hear the Bad News first!
* Radio Kurruf: Occupation of CONADI, mapuche resistance and repression by the State
* The Final Straw: Updates on anti-pipeline struggles around the so-called United States
* A-Radio Berlin: New squats in Germany and the acute danger of eviction of Friedel54
* 98FM: Prisoners in Greece, Terrorism law in Greece, Eviction of squats in Athens
* 105FM: Food poisoning and stolen food in refugee camps in Lesbos, eviction of refugee squat, feminist information, antifa festival
* Dissident Island Radio: Fuck Parade & thoughts on voting in the UK
* Rosas Negras: Struggles against the criminalization of abortion in El Salvador